Wix Answers Help Center
Connecting WhatsApp as a Support Channel
Allow customers to use WhatsApp to correspond with your Live Chat support agents.
Connect WhatsApp to create a line for customers to send and receive messages via WhatsApp. When a customer sends you a message from WhatsApp, it creates a new Live Chat ticket. Your Live Chat agents can then reply with text, article links, attachments, and saved replies.
Connecting WhatsApp With Wix Answers
To connect WhatsApp you must submit a request to have us set up the integration in your Wix Answers account. We'll use the details you provide us to approve your brand with WhatsApp, purchase a line on your behalf with Twilio, and set up everything you need.
To submit a request for early access to the WhatsApp integration:
- Click here to go to our onboarding request form.
- Enter your Contact information (First name, Last name, Work email, Phone number).
- Enter your Account details:
- WhatsApp Business display name: View the WhatsApp display name guidelines.
- Facebook Business Manger ID: Learn how to find your business ID.
- Business address: Enter the location of your business.
- Short description of your business: Enter a short description of your business.
- Company logo: Click Choose file, then select a file from your computer and click Open.
Note: Your logo must be a jpg or png image file with a minimum size of 640 x 640 px. The logo must be centered and cannot have a transparent background.
- Enter your Company details:
- Primary business HQ: Enter the location of your primary business headquarters.
- Company vertical: Click the drop-down and select your industry.
- Number of employees: Click the drop-down and select the number of employees in your business.
- Review the terms and conditions, then click I read and agree.
- Click Submit.
After submitting your request it may take a few days for WhatsApp to approve and us to set up the integration. We'll let you know once it's ready to use in your account.
If you need to update anything related to your WhatsApp integration, contact us.
Learn how to add a click to chat link to allow customers to easily contact you through WhatsApp.
By enabling the integration of your Wix Answers account with WhatsApp and use of this service, you, as authorized signatory, acknowledge and agree to the following:
- Wix Answers will share messaging data with WhatsApp and Twilio for product interoperability.
- You are required to obtain an opt-in from customers before sending them proactive notifications.
- You understand and agree that the cost per message will be subject to WhatsApp pricing and Wix Answers pricing which may change from time to time. Overall, at the time of this registration, your cost per message will vary between $0.006-$0.15 (depending on the message type and destination).
Was this article helpful?
Costs of Using WhatsApp
When you integrate WhatsApp with your Wix Answers account, you'll be charged fees for the phone line, regular messages, and template messages. All fees are deducted from your Wix Answers account's credits.Line
2 min read
Creating a WhatsApp Click to Chat Link or QR Code
Make it easy for customers to use WhatsApp to start Live Chat sessions with your support teams. You can create a click to chat link to let customers start chats when they click the link. Create a QR code to all
3 min read