Wix Answers Help Center
Obtaining an API Key to Your Wix Answers Account
Certain features require an API key in order for your support platform to function with outside resources. Add an API key for each external app you want to use.
To obtain an API key:
- In the Wix Answers app, go to Settings > Tools > Webhooks & API Keys.
- Click the API Keys tab at the top.
- Click + Add API Key.
- Enter the API key name.
- Choose the level of access this API key provides:
- Full access: Gives access to most parts of Wix Answers. Users of this API key can access any endpoint permitted by their role.
- Limited access: Gives access to specific parts of Wix Answers. Users of this API key can access endpoints permitted by their role and by the API key. Choose the permission level for each part of the platform:
- None: Access is not permitted.
- View: Read-only access is allowed.
- Edit: Read and write access is allowed.
- Click Save.
- Click to copy the API Secret Key and save it for future use.
- Click Saved It.
- Your API Key appears in the Key ID column.
- Click the Show More icon next to an API key to edit or delete it.
To authenticate your requests to Wix Answers you need to add the following headers to your request:
- keyId: This is the API key
- secret: This is the API secret key
Was this article helpful?
Adding Webhooks to Your Wix Answers Account
Easily set up event reactions with webhooks. Trigger HTTP callbacks when a particular event occurs on your platform and deliver data to other applications in real time.To set up a Webhook: In the Wix Answers
1 min read
Developers: API Roles and Permissions
For an introduction to API keys, roles, and permissions, see App Settings, Roles, and Permissions.Some endpoints can be accessed only by an agent with the relevant permission. When an agent sends a token genera
11 min read