Wix Answers Help Center
Customizing the Layout and Content Settings of Your Live Chat Widget
Customize the content displayed to customers when they use your Live Chat Widget. You can edit the widget's title, display agent avatars, add average response times and more.
Before you begin:
If you haven't already added Live Chat to a widget, click here to get started.
To set up the content displayed in your Live Chat widget:
- In the Wix Answers app, go to Settings > Support Channels > Widgets.
- (If you have more than one widget) Click the widget name and select your widget.
- Select Live Chat under Messaging Module.
- (For multilingual support) Select a language next to Chat Setup in.
- Click Chat Layout & Content.
- Set the content customers see when using your Live Chat widget:
- Title: Add a main title to your Live Chat widget.
- Subtitle: Select the checkbox to add a subtitle that appears under the title.
- Display agents' avatars by activity: Select the checkbox to display available agent avatars.
- Average response time: Select the checkbox to add an average response time message.
- Input field placeholder: Edit your customer's input field placeholder (e.g., "Write your message..." in the screenshot below).
- Click Save.
- Set up your Live Chat business hours to define when chat is available to customers.
- Set up your Live Chat contact options during and outside of business hours.
Was this article helpful?
Setting the Hours of Operation for Contact Options in Your Widget
Ensure that customers can only contact you during business hours. For each contact option available in your Widget you can define the hours of operation. Note:We're currently in the process of releasing a new v
2 min read
Customizing Your Widget
Tailor your Widget to your business' needs by customizing its components, appearance, and more. While customizing your Widget, preview its look and behavior at the right side of your screen. Note:We're currentl
4 min read
Installing a Live Chat Widget on Your Website
Allow customers to chat with agents in real-time directly from your website. Create and customize your Live Chat Widget, then embed it in your website's pages. Have a Wix website?Learn how to install your Live
2 min read